Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Caught Up With Him In The Air

Last week I had a phone call with three people I barely know. What brought us together over the airwaves was a class we were all taking that required us to create and share our life maps, or timelines. Piece of cake, I thought. I have a timeline and I'm not shy. So I looked over my previous timeline and updated it a little and dropped it into the shared file folder. Although I approached this assignment without reverence, as though it were just a routine task to be completed, the outcome was neither irreverent nor routine. What amazes me about doing timeline work is that it doesn't grow old. Emmanuel was there with me and showed me something new in my own life that I had not noticed before. And he reminded me to pray as a Soul Friend as I listened to the other two share the stories of their lives. God showed me and he showed them how he had been at work, preparing over here for for trials, over there for triumph, and in all of us for the miracle of rebirth. As we prayed together I smiled at the idea that right here, right now, we were caught up together in the air with Jesus.
             "We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared  beforehand that we should walk in them." -Ephesians 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment